d3dx9 [patch 1/2]: Implement D3DXCreatePolygon

Nozomi Kodama nozomi.kodama at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 07:47:58 CDT 2013

________________________________
 De : Matteo Bruni <matteo.mystral at gmail.com>
À : Nozomi Kodama <nozomi.kodama at yahoo.com>
Cc : Wine Devel <wine-devel at winehq.org>
Envoyé le : Jeudi 1 août 2013 9h46
Objet : Re: d3dx9 [patch 1/2]: Implement D3DXCreatePolygon

2013/8/1 Nozomi Kodama <nozomi.kodama at yahoo.com>:

+    vertices = HeapAlloc(GetProcessHeap(), 0, 2 * (sides + 1) *
sizeof(D3DXVECTOR3));
+    if (!vertices)
+    {
+        TRACE("Not memory enough for vertex buffer\n");
+        polygon->lpVtbl->Release(polygon);
+        return E_OUTOFMEMORY;
+    }
+
+    hr = polygon->lpVtbl->LockVertexBuffer(polygon, D3DLOCK_DISCARD,
(VOID **)&vertices);

Why are you allocating memory and immediately dropping track of it?
Recheck how ID3DXMesh::LockVertexBuffer works.

It is a leftover of my tests about the requested size of the buffer :( ....

Also I'm having a deja-vu here, this patch looks suspiciously similar
(up to having this same issue) to one I've already reviewed in the
past.
I don't understand what you mean here. Can you tell more?

I send a newer version. This one should be fine.

Nozomi.