[1/2] cmd: Add handler support for Ctrl-C and Ctrl-Break events

Hugh McMaster hugh.mcmaster at masterindexing.com
Mon Aug 12 07:18:27 CDT 2013

On Monday, 12 August 2013, Ruslan Kabatsayev wrote:
>I've tried applying your both patches, and it appears that Ctrl+C at
>cmd prompt still closes cmd, although pressing it while "dir /s /w" is running works as expected.

Hi Ruslan,

I've just tested the Ctrl-C patches on the most recent version of Wine available from the Git repository.  After patching, compiling and installing, I found no problems with either of the patches as you described. Ctrl-C did nothing when cmd.exe was open and no command was running.

To be clear, I was running cmd.exe via wineconsole in Linux Mint 14:
1. wineconsole cmd.exe
2. Press Ctrl-C --> cmd.exe remains open.

But if you run cmd.exe via wine itself, the terminal will terminate cmd.exe when Ctrl-C is pressed.
1. wine cmd.exe
2. Press Ctrl-C --> returned to terminal prompt.

I hope this helps. If the patch still doesn't seem to work correctly, please let me know what operating system you use, and I'll run further tests.

Hugh