mscoree: Attempt to load the assembly from the application directory

Daniel Jeliński djelinski1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:04:09 CDT 2013

Hi Vincent,
there's no more info in the registry. At this point we have the assembly
name and we know that it is not in GAC, so either it is in current
directory or it's absent.

That being said, I think this is the wrong place for this change. Method
get_file_from_strongname [1] is better suited for that purpose IMO.
Also MSDN states that assembly name is not equivalent to file name. I
suppose that code to resolve assembly name into file name exists somewhere
in fusion.dll, but I have never seen it. Hans may know more.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/mscoree/metahost.c#L1213