mscoree: Attempt to load the assembly from the application directory

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:22:16 CDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Daniel Jeliński <djelinski1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> That being said, I think this is the wrong place for this change. Method
> get_file_from_strongname [1] is better suited for that purpose IMO.

Doing it that way is probably more correct, but it's also more
dangerous because it would affect all assembly lookups. We'd then want
to check the precedence of dll's in the application directory vs. the
GAC, what happens when the filename matches but the strongname does
not, and whether other directories in the dll search path should be
considered.