questions to your commit "wineps.drv: Allow for vertical text printing!"

Wolfgang Walter wine at stwm.de
Sat Aug 24 14:16:26 CDT 2013

Hello Aric,

I read commit 745e7c93c9042f62460f181daaa1f05645560b41 (wineps.drv: Allow for
vertical text printing.) and I have some questions:

1) You added the parameter vertical to PSDRV_WriteSetFont() in ps.c but it
remains unused. I think it isn't needed.

2) In PSDRV_WriteSetDownloadFont() in download.c you call PSDRV_WriteSetFont()
with

	(lf.lfFaceName[0] == '@')

for this new parameter vertical. I can't see why.

3) You added the parameter vertical to get_download_name() in download.c

You use it to add "_vertical" to its name if vertical is true. I can't see why
the font needs a different name.

This will cause PSDRV_WriteSetDownloadFont() to download a font which is used
vertically and horizontally twice. I can't see any reason why this could be
necessary.

I think that

* PSDRV_WriteSetFont() should be changed back

and of course the callers, too (in builtin.c and download.c)

* get_download_name() should also be changed back

(and its call in PSDRV_WriteSetDownloadFont())

Regards,
--
Wolfgang Walter
Studentenwerk München