Does auto-apt work to get wine dependencies in source code?

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 27 08:10:18 CDT 2013

--Sorry about the HTML in the earlier message.

>> Was thinking of running some tests but the list of dependencies on the website seems outdated, apt-get build-dep does not work.
>Is that with the ubuntu-wine ppa enabled?

There are two answers to that question, surprisingly.

(1) bitbox

In the instructions it looks like the wine ppa repository can be installed the Debian way. But I did that and here's the result.

E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list

So, I had to add the wine-ppa by manually adding to the sources.list.

(2) non bitbox

This morning a new version of the i386 photo function was added, and now the depencencies install.

Conclusion:

This afternoon I was able to update all dependencies and compile without a problem using (with modifications above) the bitbox instructions.

Compiled only. Did not install because I needed symlinks, but at least I know where I am and what I have to do.

Susan