[1/4] ntdll: Ignore ioctl(TIOCGICOUNT) failures.

Wolfgang Walter wine at stwm.de
Tue Aug 27 12:00:05 CDT 2013

Am Dienstag, 27. August 2013, 22:00:59 schrieben Sie:
> Wolfgang Walter <wine at stwm.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > What patch doesn't work for you?
> >
> > I tested all your patches together (indivually they will not really work
> > here).
>
> Yeah, the patches need to be tested after applying all of them. They were
> broken into smaller parts in order to make regression test easier in case of
> a regression. If I don't know what doesn't work I can't make any
> improvement.

Yes, that's clear. I'll have a closer look what's the main difference. The
problematic application uses asynchronous IO.

I wrote my patch 2009 (and earlier version 2008) so I have to rethink about
it. I remember that TX_TXEMPTY detection was a problem, then. It could get
lost.

The reason I moved the output buffer empty detection from get_irq_info() into
check_events() was simply because I thought handling input queue in
check_events() but ouput queue in get_irq_info() seems odd.

I also think that it's better to detect that get_irq_info() basicly does not
work with drivers not supporting TIOCGICOUNT and it is good to have that
information in the callers of get_irq_info(). So I return
STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED and handle the situation in the caller. And then it is
better to move empty sending queue handling out of get_irq_info().

I handle the TIOCSERGETLSR wrong, as I see now (I should & with TIOCSER_TEMT).

Regards,
--
Wolfgang Walter
Studentenwerk München