Embedding a HWND window into an X11 window

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 16:02:46 CDT 2013

> This solutions implies to modify wine, so do you think that this patch
> or an improved version could be merged into wine?
> Because I don't want to require a custom version of wine.

Even if it were merged, that would not give you the ability to use it
from within a Windows or winelib program. For that you would need
either some extra Wine-specific API's to allow this or an approach
that does not rely on Wine (which may be possible using X11 to
reparent Wine's windows, but would be a hacky approach).