D3D command stream abandoned?

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 23 08:47:51 CST 2013

Hi,

Am 21.12.2013 um 19:26 schrieb Forest <winehq at tibit.com>:

> I haven't seen any news of the command stream lately.  The last thing I read
> was the mention of "more preparation work" in the 1.7.4 release
> announcement.  Has the project been abandoned?
It’s not been abandoned. I’m working on getting it merged, but I was delayed by other, partially related work.

I’m on vacation right now, but I plan to send a new patchset to wine-devel early in January, probably for 1.7.10. I was hoping to do so for 1.7.9 before the Chrismas vacation, but the patches I have in my tree are somewhat broken at the moment and only produce a segfault. I didn’t finish cleaning them up in time.

Getting the command stream merged will take a while. My current goal at the moment is merging surface and resource location management and moving it into the resource class. Buffers will have to be migrated as well before the command stream itself can proceed. And for the CS itself we have a few more design decisions to work out to make sure the code is maintainable in the long term.

> I maintain a wine build for gamers, and currently have it frozen at version
> 1.7.1 with Stefan's September 2 command stream patches, because they seem to
> boost performance quite a bit for some folks.  I'd love to get something
> more mature into my users' hands if it's available.
If you are looking for an intermediate version of the code with a few bugs from my original wine-devel submission fixed then you can find that in the CrossOver 13 Wine sources. It’d be a bit of effort to isolate those changes and put them in the upstream wine code though.