winealsa: Have the MIDI recorder wait in poll(), not snd_seq_event_input().

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Tue Feb 12 08:49:18 CST 2013

Hi,

Johannes Krol wrote:
>Joerg, if you want the complete log I can send it to you by PM, it's
>about 1.7M.
I don't need that for now. What I need are the 119 missing bytes between
17.015:003b:trace:midi:modLongData dwBufferLength=125 !
17.015:003b:trace:midi:modLongData                  F0 42 40 ... 00 00 00

Please copy&paste & adapt this code to produce a full hex dump:
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/winmm/winmm.c#L1066

In particular, I want to know if there's some F7 amid that data
(remember that your original patch precisely stopped at a F7...)
and what the bytes following that F7 look like.

>This could be interpreted to mean that Windows will add the 0xF7
>marker, if it was missing, when any other MIDI message is sent.
That's a possible interpretation, however your log snippet shows no
sign of sending another message.

Do you have MIDI/ALSA debugging tools that can show you whether ALSA
truly sends out the 125 bytes?  That too would help identify the problem.

Thank you,
 Jörg Höhle