Fix catalyst brain damage to speed up Falcon BMS 2x

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 08:27:43 CST 2013

On 16 February 2013 14:52, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by this. The mesa bug is incomprehensible as well, it isn't clear what exactly fails. I guess some shader doesn't compile, it might be helpful to attach the failing shader from Wine's debug output.

The driver essentially runs out of GPRs to run the shader. It's
probably a combination of lack of optimization and a shader that isn't
so great to begin with. Though if this is with the LLVM shader backend
for r600g you'll probably just want to disable that, in general you
get better results without.