[0/13] Patch series description

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Feb 22 08:09:41 CST 2013

* On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, André Hentschel wrote:
> Am 21.02.2013 21:31, schrieb Saulius Krasuckas:
> >
> > because I've got new(er) Sparc machine.
>
> You know that you most likely won't ever be able to run x86 apps on that
> machine, only winelib. Do you need that for something?

Yes, I am aware of endianess issue found by Darwine people when
integrating it with Qemu to run x86/PE binaries on PowerPC:
http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX

It is said byteswapping isn't worth trouble but if Rosetta did it (only in
reverse direction) isn't this issue only about developers work time and
not about performance?

Then it seems Sparc V9 can switch to little endian to access data.

> So where do we go from here?

Right to the binary translation (or even dynamic recompilation), I guess.

S.