d3dx9: Avoid expensive computations

Rico Schüller kgbricola at web.de
Tue Feb 26 15:58:49 CST 2013

Hi Nozomi,

this is pretty fast. Just some numbers (run time on my machine, so it
might not be that representative)...

before: 43s
previous patch: 27s
this patch: 21s
native: 16s

So from the speed point of view, it's a lot closer than the rest.

Though, I would split this into 2 patches, one for D3DXMatrixDeterminant
and one for D3DXMatrixInverse. I think it's a nice step forward. Thought
we might test the speed of an sse version and may use it later ...

Are there any other opinions?

Cheers
Rico