Patchsets that need review by experienced Wine Developers

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:40:07 CST 2013

> This might also end up being generally useful for programs that are realtime and make a lot of wineserver calls. I believe > the mutexes were taking too long to access because they were going through wineserver, which was already handling a > lot of other calls in serial. Basically, it was a traffic jam. That's my understanding and recollection, at least (I wasn't the > > original author of the patch but I did do some work on it later).

+1

That matches my experiences, as well, Louis.

ext4 likes to jam up things to, so ideally if these problems are going
to be solved upstream ~ wine-devs also will likely want to look at
problems with ext4 (possibly, btrfs down the line ~ since i think i
remember noticing a kernel hack for btrfs(?).

anyway, that is another issue all together.

Jordan