[2/2] gdi32/tests: Added tests for GetFontResourceInfoW (try 2)

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat Jan 5 04:45:06 CST 2013

Stefan Leichter <Stefan.Leichter at camline.com> wrote:

> > > First of all: The issues your are pointing out have been in the previous
> > > version of the patch too. Why didn't you complain in your first review.
> > > To my understanding this is a wast of my time complaining about two
> > > issues and keeping the rest secret for the next version of the patch.
> >
> > It's often happens with subsequent reviews, and there is nothing magic or
> > secret about it: first review was about the whole approach while next one
> > is more about the actual details.
>
> But the "subsequent review" is burning my time without need.

I certainly can stop burning my time with reviewing your patches, but somehow
I doubt that it will help with improving and accepting then. Besides I don't
see that much of reviewers of font related patches.

> > > - the tests are written for a font in %windor%\fonts. This directory is
> > > empty after a clean .wine directory was created. Changing the font does
> > > not help at all.
> >
> > But it will once Wine starts to copy its own fonts there at some point.
>
> To me this sounds more like an excuse than an argument. Maybe we will have an
> Arial font before this happens!

Consider what is easier: 'cp ~/wine/fonts/sserife.fon ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts'
or find an installer for Arial, download and install it before running 'make test'.
Even worse, installing Arial or any other external font may actually break the tests.

> I will drop the patch with the tests an see what happens first. You may know
> the old idiom "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

There always is a hope to get a real thing somewhere in the future instead
of a broken thing right now.

--
Dmitry.