Wine Wiki needs your help!

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Mon Jan 14 14:40:56 CST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 03:32:40PM -0500, Dimi Paun wrote:
> OK, we might be onto something. I've wrote a script
> to determine the deleted pages: 20162.
>
> Should I just go ahead and nuke those?

Probably, yes.

One common way for spammers to abuse wikis is to intentionally get the
pages deleted, so that they live on permanently in the revision
history.

See this example from today:
It's rightfully deleted as spam:
  http://wiki.winehq.org/SheriOci
But the "Get Info" link leads you to the old revision, with the
linkspam intact:
  http://wiki.winehq.org/SheriOci?action=recall&rev=1

I don't know if there's a way to keep Moinmoin from preserving
revision history on deleted pages, but it might be sufficient to
simply disable that. I doubt there's much useful history on deleted
pages anyway.

Andrew