ntdll: Tests for RtlHashUnicodeString()

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jul 16 02:04:49 CDT 2013

Nikolay Sivov <nsivov at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> >> +#include "ddk/wdm.h"
> > Please don't do that, this breaks compilation with PSDK headers. If you need
> > some specific definitions, types or API prototypes - replicate them in the test
> > itself.
> What breaks exactly? The fact that PSDK doesn't have DDK headers by
> default or something specific about this particular header? If it's a
> missing header I don't see a problem with installing DDK. Also kernel32
> tests have include from ddk subdir too and I don't even have this header
> installed with DDK 7.something, is it broken for you too?

Yes, it's the missing ddk subdirectory which breaks things. Installing
a DDK was never a requirement for compiling Wine tests under Windows,
and I hope there will never be one. The only kernel32 test that has
#include "ddk/..." is volume.c, that can't be an excuse to adding more
broken tests, it's better to fix volume.c instead.

I'd suggest to try compiling Wine tests under Windows with a PSDK compiler
using Wine and PSDK headers as a simple exercise. Once this works, try to
add DDK headers as another complexity level, then decide whether you really
would like to add another hoop to jump through.

Compilation with a PSDK tool chain and PSDK headers is an extremely valuable
thing for testing, it would be a pity to lose it.

--
Dmitry.