Manpage patch, please review

Julian Rüger jr98 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 16 12:59:35 CDT 2013

Hi all!

While working on the translation of the (main) manpage, I noticed a few
issues in the English version and started working on a patch. That was
quite some time ago, I had little spare time lately and didn't get
around to finish and send it in. So I figured I just take what I have
now and ask you guys for comments. I appreciate any remarks or
suggestions.

Thanks,
Julian

Notes:

I had a change similar to Frédéric's, mentioning wine can run 64-bit
programs now. He was quicker and I like his wording better. I had
something like "[...]or Win64 executable (if your version of wine was
compiled with 64-bit support)."
I guess that would be more confusing to people using their distro's wine
packages and people compiling their own wine know that anyway.
Do you agree or do you think it's better to be more specific?

CUI -> CLI:
According to Google and Wikipedia, CLI is more common.

-.BR @bindir@/wineserver ,
+.IR @bindir@/wineserver ,
and following, similar changes:

This is the way it is formatted in the wineserver manpage. I noticed
there is no uniform style across our manpages, so we should have a
guideline.
Should paths be bold or italic/underlined?