riched20: ITextDocument stubs for ITextServices (retry)

Caibin Chen tigersoldi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 10:55:30 CDT 2013

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for your review. I really appreciate it :)

2013/7/29 Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com>:
> You sent the patch during code freeze, when it couldn't be committed, so
> it probably didn't get enough attention. Now is the right time to resubmit.
Does that means I should resend the patch to the mail list?

> It doesn't really make sense to test COM aggregation on every interface
> implemented by an object. The valuable part of the test is that
> ITextDocument should be supported, but there is probably a better place
> to put this test.
Sure I can remove the aggregation tests.

> +struct tagReTxtDoc {
> +  IUnknown *outerObj;
> +  ME_TextEditor *editor;
> +  ITextDocument iTextDocumentIface;
> +};
>
> Do you really need a separated structure for that? Wouldn't adding ITextDocument implementation to ITextServicesImpl be enough?
This structure will be used in both ITexstServicesImpl and
IRichEditOleImpl(richole.c). For now IRichEditOleImpl has its own
implementation(stub) of ITextDocument and ITextSelection. A stub of
ITextSelection is needed before removing IRichEditOleImpl's own
implementation and use the separate one.
There are already several patches that are ready for review once this
patch get submitted.

Thanks
Caibin