Possible wine bug concerning the case of the DbgHelp.h header filename

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Jun 11 18:49:26 CDT 2013

I successfully built the ultra-fast ninja build tool on Wine using the
MinGW g++ compiler.  To achieve that success I had to deal with a
small number of issues including
  one wine/ninja header name inconsistency which is that DbgHelp.h
(#included by the ninja code) has a lower-case name (dbghelp.h) on
wine, and the MinGW suite of compilers is sensitive to the case of
header file names.  I worked around this issue with the following
symlink

/home/wine/wine_build/install-git/include/wine/windows/DbgHelp.h ->
dbghelp.h

where /home/wine/wine_build/install-git is my install prefix for
my wine-git build.

Is Wine following the correct Windows naming convention for this
header?

For what it is worth, I did a google search for <windows dbghelp.h> and most of
the hits were for DbgHelp.h rather than dbghelp.h so I can understand
why the ninja developers used

#include<DbgHelp.h>

rather than the lower-case version of that name.

If the wine developers here decide this is definitely a wine issue, I
am willing to write up the bug report on your bugtracker so this issue
doesn't get lost. A search there for <header case filename> did not
turn up anything relevant.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin