ntdll: make msync() call asynchronous in NtFlushVirtualMemory (try 3)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jun 20 07:14:19 CDT 2013

Mathis Beer <default_357-line at yahoo.de> writes:

> As such, this patch changes msync to be called asynchronously.
>
> This is revision three of this patch. It leaves the original #define
> MS_SYNC 0 in place and instead changes NtFlushVirtualMemory to use
> MS_ASYNC only if mman.h was found earlier. (It also adds comments)

That doesn't make sense, all interesting platforms have mman.h, that
doesn't imply they have MS_ASYNC.

It may well be that nowadays they all have MS_ASYNC too, so we could use
it unconditionally and see if someone reports breakage. This will have
to wait until after code freeze though.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org