wanted: testbot w9x machines

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Mar 4 11:19:55 CST 2013

Hi,

Francois Gouget wrote in another thread:
>Not so long ago that machine was also running the tests on 5 additional
>NT4 configurations, Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows Millenium. It no
>longer does, not because of lack of 'resources' or 'intention', but
>because the Wine community is not interested in these.
Huh? What?

Please, PLEASE give me a (new)testbot with some w9x machines such that I can
investigate the winmm&mci behavior that the apps written in that era encountered.

It really slows down development on my side *not* to have an easily
checked w9x system (nor a system for 16 bit tests, BTW).

All that I can remember when that issue was raised last time was:
1. It's good not to test incoming patches against w9x behavior,
  because the time spent adding broken() for those is better
  invested adding code and more tests for w2k-w7 machines.  Agreed.

1' test.winehq.org need no more display w9x test results.  I don't care much.

2. Some technical aspects, such as not being able to find Greg's old w95
  VM image, or producing a VM image with some soundcard not hanging randomly.

But I can't remember an argument saying like "nobody was interested
in those w95/w98/w98SE/wME machines, so we dumped them".

Currently, (new)testbot doesn't even offer an option to run tests on w9x machines.
I'm not asking for that option to be on by default, I'm just begging for it to be present!

Thank you,
	Jörg Höhle