[1/3] Make mac driver the default on OS X

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Mar 8 06:20:22 CST 2013

Hi,

Charles Davis wrote:
>While we're on the subject of bugs: another annoying problem is that,
>when a window is first created, the view appears black

I had a very annoying experience: when I started winemac the first
time, the whole screen turned black for a fraction of a second.  That
was very unwelcome and reminded me of the infamous Intel-XOrg screen
flickering issue that plagued many Linux distros a few years ago :-(

>I'll bet Jörg is running Snow Leopard

Indeed, with newest updates (10.6.8).  Note that I'm running Apple
X11, not XQuartz.  While that X11 server version is older that the
2.6.3 that I used on Leopard 10.5.8, it's nevertheless newer than the
first XQuartz that I used with Wine after I got my "early 2009" nVidia
Mac Mini 3 years ago.  For the moment, I've decided to stick to Apple
X11 and see how far it goes.

>There is a white grow box for me in the lower-right corner when I use
>the X11 driver. He must have been using a different WM than the
>default quartz-wm.
See above.  I used notepad etc. with wine-1.5.25.

> Another annoyance was that there's no HIDE function or short cut and
> some dialogues do not provide the orange button (middle one) to
> iconify the window.
You all embarked on the Cmd/Alt-H issue.  A menu, even without short-
cut, would be nice to have.

Regarding the Alt key, XQuartz has some keyboard configuration option
in its settings menu.  Maybe winemac should provide a similar choice,
such that X11 and winemac provide identical behavior and ease switching?

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle