GSoC proposal

Guo Jian orzhvs at gmail.com
Fri May 17 04:49:55 CDT 2013

Hi George,
Di you notice this in that page:
The RegOpenUserClassesRoot function provides a merged view for
processes, such as services, that are dealing with clients other than
the interactive user

In http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724899(v=vs.85).aspx
it says:
Applications running in the security context of the interactively
logged-on user do not need to use RegOpenUserClassesRoot. These
applications can call the RegOpenKeyEx function to retrieve a merged
view of the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key for the interactive user.

I'm not sure if we need to provide support for non-interactive users
in the future in wine. But as we are working to solve the problem that
applications could not fetch settings stored in his classes correctly.
I think it may be enough to regard RegOpenUserClassesRoot with
RegOpenKeyEx-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT the same.
And when I tried to test the difference of keys listed and not listed
in that page as a logged on user, I found that they are treated all
the same. All subkeys in hklm are listed if not duplicate with those
in hkcu.

Hope that helps.

--
Regards,