[wine-devel] Troubles configuring and building wine-1.5.30 on Debian wheezy

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue May 21 05:36:40 CDT 2013

On 2013-05-21 11:08+0200 Frédéric Delanoy wrote:

> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Alan W. Irwin
> <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca>wrote:
>
>> Hugh McMaster's reply was already a help, but I need more comments
>> please.
>>

> Maybe http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit could help?

The idea there to install *.so symlinks manually might be a big help.
For example, Debian wheezy does allow simultaneous install of
libfreetype6:i386 and libfreetype6:amd64. (In fact, my system has
those both installed now.) It is the -dev versions of those packages
which cannot be simultaneously installed on Debian Wheezy. So the
appropriate symlink may be all I need (for quite a few packages where
the i386 library is installed, but not the -dev version with the
symlink).

I will try this symlink idea (which takes me back to my
first Linux install in 1996) later today after I get some sleep.

Thanks, Frédéric!  I think this might work.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin