gdiplus: Implement GdipCreateRegionRgnData. Take 2.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Nov 20 20:54:51 CST 2013

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:

> Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > There's no need to add leading underscores, it's obvious that these are
> > not Windows types.
>
> If that's the only reason of marking this patch as rejected then I don't
> see much point. That's my code and it should be up to me what style of
> defining structures I have to use.

I should add that this kind of a not justified rejection easily kills
any motivation to send patches at all.

I hoped that this is some kind of a joke or a test, and I simply didn't
get it, but looks like my hope was futile. It appears that just moving
existing structure definition (yes, they all exist in current code) to
the beginning of the file (so that it could be used in more places) is
forbidden without any real explanation. That's too much even for a person
like me with 14 years history of working on Wine, I can imaging what
new-comer feels about such a reject, and there should be not wonders
why he/she would go away.

Alexandre, if you would silently remove those underscores if you really
don't like to see them I'd just probably decided not bother to comment
once I saw it in the commit, but plain rejection of the patch just because
of that looks at least strange and unexplainable.

Please reconsider or give a better explanation.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry.