gdiplus: Implement GdipCreateRegionRgnData. Take 2.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Nov 21 19:33:03 CST 2013

Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:

> >From my perspective, it seems like adding FIXME's should be easy,
> they'd be potentially helpful for diagnosing problems, and there
> doesn't seem to be a drawback to adding them (either they're never hit
> and have no effect, or they are hit and they indicate a potential
> problem). I really don't understand your objection to adding them, and
> that is what makes your response seem "defensive" to me at least. But
> yes, if your patch is accepted without FIXME's I will send a patch to
> add them myself when I have time.

Adding a FIXME is not a propblem at all, as I already mentioned there
was no point in talking about a FIXME since the patch has been already
rejected. Please find this snippet in one of my replies:
"If you see obvious places of adding such FIXMEs then send a patch which
adds them, personally I don't care at this point about it."

> I really don't feel like this is anything new. If you're a Wine
> developer, you will sometimes have to make changes you disagree with
> or think are unnecessary to get a patch in. Sometimes this is to
> address very minor points. You will also have to decide which feedback
> is really important and which you can ignore or argue with, and then
> you have to update your model when it turns out Alexandre doesn't see
> things the way you thought he would. I don't know if this is a good
> thing. Maybe it means we're losing some good contributions due to
> people getting frustrated by the process and giving up. But I've found
> this to be the case for at least as long as I've been a Wine
> contributor, and since you've been around longer than I have, I'd
> expect you to be used to it by now.

Yes, I'm (mostly) used to change my patches regardless of how I feel
about the change, but there are limits after which it gets ridiculous,
not justified and even a personal insult. I really don't understand
why it has happened to my patch while there are lots of similar cases
already, and why the underscores simply were not removed at the commit
time. Being a long time contributor doesn't mean that I can explain
or understand the reasons behind this particular case, but this kind
of thing is able to completely kill any motivation of further work.

--
Dmitry.