winemac: Add registry settings to make Option keys send Alt rather than accessing additional characters from the keyboard layout.

Phil Krylov phil at newstar.rinet.ru
Thu Oct 10 03:11:04 CDT 2013

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Ken Thomases <ken at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Phil Krylov wrote:
>> Do you consider adding an option to stop interpreting Command as Alt?
>
> I have not considered it.  What would be gained?  Do you want the Command key interpreted as the Windows key?  Do you want something else to happen when Command is pressed?

Every time I press Cmd-Space to switch keyboard layouts, Wine
activates menu as if I would have pressed Alt, so I have to press
Command once again to exit it. It does not happen in Windows, though,
when I use Alt-Shift to switch layouts, so the real problem is not
related to Alt interpretation of Cmd, but to incorrect emulation of
Windows behaviour when a keyboard layout switch hotkey is pressed.

On the other hand, Option is labeled as Alt, and works this way with
the X11 driver, so it seems logical to process Cmd as Win key. And it
would hack around my actual problem ;)

-- Ph.