Video Mixing Renderer 7

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Wed Oct 16 07:17:46 CDT 2013

Hi,

On 10/16/13 3:22 AM, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 10/15/2013 09:52 PM, Michael Müller wrote:
>> I am wondering what would be the best way to handle programs which rely
>> on the Video Mixing Renderer 7 (quartz.dll) as it's supposed to be
>> available on XP and later, but Wine contains only an implementation of
>> version 9.

Being one of the guy who did the work on vmr9 and generally had a pretty good working knowledge of quartz I am willing to bet that the actual work to be done is fairly small.  But there will be a lot of COM wrapping to be written. Not to hard but busy work. Looking briefly at the vmr7 interfaces, they seems basically the same as the vmr9 ones, but with different parameters.

I bet you could even get away with renaming vmr9.c to vmr.c and implementing 7/9 both in the file pretty easily.

-aric