[02/02] d3d8: update locked_rect only if wined3d_surface_map succeeds

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 07:08:23 CDT 2013

On 21 October 2013 13:52, Lasse Rasinen <lrasinen at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 21.10.2013, at 14.46, Henri Verbeet wrote:
>> This test fails for me on Windows 7:
>>
>> device.c:4029: Test failed: pBits changed on double lock.
>> device.c:4030: Test failed: Pitch changed on double lock.
>
> So on one W7 computer the struct gets cleared, on another it is kept.

Is that on your own machine, or did I miss those results?

> Any advice on how to continue? For my use case, either solution will work.

If the results here really are inconsistent between machines, and no
application cares, you can probably just drop this patch. On the other
hand, if applications expect e.g. either NULL, or the original value,
you could instead write the test as "ok(!locked_rect.pBits ||
locked_rect.pBits == (void *)0xdeadbeef, ...);" and add an appropriate
comment.