WineTestBot status update

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Oct 28 02:37:39 CDT 2013

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
[...]
> Yes, there are still ways for the new testbot improvements. When time from
> time I send patches for testing I send them to both old and new testbots.
> While old tesbot completes the job in minutes (usually 3-5), the new one
> almost always completes the request several hours later.

I think that's because of two factors:
 * The current __WINESRC__ jobs which I like to call testbot-bombs.
   That's because these patches tend to touch multiple tests which
   creates one task per test per base VM, so 8 tasks per test, plus the
   build one. So for instance a patch fixing the 11 advapi32 tests would
   create 89 tasks (1 build + 11 tests * 8 VMs), so 89 reverts. There's
   been many such patches lately and that delays the tests coming after
   them.

 * The old TestBot is not processing wine-patches emails anymore. That
   means it's essentially has nothing to do but work on your jobs.

Defusing the TestBot bombs will be one of my next TestBot tasks
after these two VMs are back online. The way it will work is to build
custom WineTest binaries with just the tests we need to run, and to run
that binary on each VM. So in the above case we'll only have 1 + 8
tasks.

> Looking at the job status it shows that the build is complete and VMs
> are online and ready but nothing happens further on.

That's strange. It can happen if it's waiting on a VM that's offline or
undergoing maintenance. There can also be cases where the build VM gets
a bit ahead (but normally the TestBot tries to complete the jobs one at
a time).

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>