[2/2] rpcrt4: Clear the connection pool when closing an http connection.

Hans Leidekker hans at codeweavers.com
Wed Sep 4 12:30:29 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 18:16 +0200, Jacek Caban wrote:
> On 09/04/13 15:36, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> >> There must be a better way to do that than removing all existing wininet
> >> cached connections to all hosts. Removing INTERNET_FLAG_KEEP_CONNECTION
> >> from HttpOpenRequest call would be a good start...
> > We can't do that, it breaks NTLM and Negotiate.
>
> Hmm, right. Thinking more about this, I don't see how this connection
> could be reused. RPC over HTTP shouldn't reach the end of the stream, so
> it can't be reused once the connection is established, even if client
> closes the handle. If it is, that's probably a bug in wininet. When did
> you see this to happen?

It happens when Outlook connects to Exchange, closes the connection and then
reconnects. I didn't trust wininet either and wrote a standalone test to mimic
the consecutive connects. It showed that wininet is right in reusing the
connection, though I didn't perform any reads or writes.

You say that reuse depends on reaching end of stream, so this might actually
be a variation of the other bug, which is that in chunked mode we can't know
whether we reached end of stream.