D3D command stream patches for testing

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 15:07:56 CDT 2013

On 15 September 2013 21:47, Forest <winehq at tibit.com> wrote:
> I wonder if the 80%+ gains reported in other games are not to be seen in
> Guild Wars 2, or if they're heavily dependent on CPU, GPU, graphics driver,
> and screen resolution.
>
> For the record, I'm using an Intel i5-3570K (stock speeds), GeForce GTX
> 660Ti (factory overclocked), nVidia driver 313.30, and a 1920x1200 display.
> I'm running Xubuntu 64-bit.  My in-game options are:
>
> Resolution: Full Screen - 1920x1200
> Refresh Rate: Default
> Frame Limiter: Unlimited
> Interface Size: Normal
> Animation: High
> Anti-Aliasing: FXAA
> Environment: High
> LOD Distance: High
> Reflections: Terrain & Sky
> Textures: Medium
> Render Sampling: Native
> Shadows: Medium
> Shaders: Medium
> Post-Processing: High
> Character Model Limit: High
> Character Model Quality: High
> + Best Texture Filtering
> + Depth Blur
> + Effect LOD
> + High-Res Character Textures
> - Vertical Sync

In general, this patchset helps more for mostly CPU limited
applications than for mostly GPU limited applications. That roughly
means that in general you'll see a larger difference on lower
resolutions or with less demanding applications / graphics settings,
and that you'll see a larger difference in cases where the GPU is
relatively fast compared to the CPU. In applications that are mostly
GPU limited, performance tends to depend mostly on the quality of the
GL driver's GLSL compiler, or lack thereof.