winebuild examples

paul.clarke85 at btinternet.com paul.clarke85 at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 21 12:49:27 CDT 2013

Hi,

I am new to WINE and indeed winebuild. What I need to do is write a wrapper C part and Spec file and build a wrapper around an existing Linux shared library so that my wrapper DLL can be dynamically loaded into my program running in WINE. This, I believe, is supposed to be a simple thing to do and one of the main purposes of winebuild.

I have failed miserably to understand the winebuild manual. It just lists a whole bunch of options. Whatever I try I just get an assembler file spat at me. I have searched the web and although I see a few people with the same problem as me I don’t see anyone posting any answers.

Does ANYONE have any simple examples or example scripts which will show how to use winebuild to build a DLL I can load.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com