audio reset failed

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Thu Apr 10 11:33:03 CDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:00:04PM +0200, Pawel Por wrote:
> I receive periodically the following error popup window:
> "Audio Reset Failed: Access violation at address 7BC503AA in module
> 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address F818611C"

What is displaying this message? Wine itself does not contain the
message "Audio Reset Failed."

> When it occurs the audio hangs up and only the restart of the wine
> application helps.

There is a list of sound-related debug log channels at
<http://wiki.winehq.org/Sound>. Getting a debug log with those
channels set could give us a clue as to what's going wrong.

You might consider opening a bug to keep track of this.

Andrew