WINE mutex functions speed.

John Found johnfound at asm32.info
Tue Apr 29 11:53:52 CDT 2014

Hi. Recently, I am working on an multi-thread application that widely uses mutex functions, namely: WaitForSingleObject and ReleaseMutex.

After some benchmarks I found that these functions are 50..100 times(sic!) slower than in Windows. And this is when only one thread tries to use the mutex - i.e. there is nothing to be waiting for.

The test program compiled natively for Linux (using pthreads library) demonstrates only 1.5 times slower functions (compared to the same program not using mutexes at all) which is pretty acceptable.

So, what can I do in order to speed up these functions? Is it a bug (that need to be reported and fixed) or some fundamental architecture problem? Should I think about different way of mutex implementation?

--
asm32.info <johnfound at asm32.info>