ntdll: fix read_directory_getdirentries() under FreeBSD.

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 10:34:52 CST 2014

On Monday, 29 December 2014 14:32:20 André Hentschel wrote:
> Am 28.12.2014 um 21:09 schrieb David Naylor:
> > Change the handling of getdirentries(2) by: - tracking the data pointer
> > instead of subtracting 'res' - simplify rewind by skipping re-appending
> > entries onto the list - try make the logic easier to follow ---
> > dlls/ntdll/directory.c | 73
> > +++++++++++++++++++------------------------------- 1 file changed, 28
> > insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)
> Hi and welcome to Wine development,

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

> maybe it's just me, but the patch is not easy to review.

The patch was almost a complete rewrite, taking a different approach to solve
the problem, so I would suggest looking at it more applied than as a change to
code.

> Is it possible to split the patch into multiple atomic patches (maybe three,
> as in the change list you provided)?

I think I could split it up.  I'll do what I can.  How do I mark this patch as
superseded by the other (split-up) patches?

> Also, how does the patch fix Wine on FreeBSD?

Please see bug 35397 [1] for the full details.  The summary is that resumes
failed, duplicating items and skipping over others.

> A quick look at the patch itself:
> You missed a whitespace at the last lseek call.

Will fix.

> You're adding a FIXME comment, but you should rather clarify your question,
> use wine-devel and/or IRC and/or "git blame" for that.

The change in question was done by Alexandre Julliard, in revision 96b7c71c.

Regards