Advice fixing #13683 (DirectX mouse overlay?)

Christopher Thielen christopher at thielen.co
Sun Feb 16 13:39:39 CST 2014

Unfortunately, there is no reference to "ddraw7_GetCaps" or "GetCaps"
anywhere in the 975 MB log. That confirms it isn't using overlays, right?

This gog.com version uses nGlide to wrap the Glide API to DirectX calls
- DX9 I believe, based on the requirements of nGlide
(http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide). Not sure if this
information helps.

I re-ran the test case using Ken's suggestion of adding the 'warn' lines
and the log went down to 35 MB. I uploaded a gzipped version to the bug
report.

The two lines I was wondering about still appear even with
'warn+ddraw,warn+d3d,warn+d3d_surface'.

The surrounding log lines around the first of the two lines in question
are simply repeats. A snippet of the logfile looks something like:

fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_location Unrecognized location flag(s) 0xfffffc00.

The second line I'm curious about is a little more interesting and seems
to occur in groups like this:

warn:d3d:wined3d_get_adapter_display_mode Overriding format
WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM with stored format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM.
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusage Unrecognized usage flag(s) 0x10000000
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusage Unrecognized usage flag(s) 0x10000000
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusage Unrecognized usage flag(s) 0x10000000
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusage Unrecognized usage flag(s) 0x10000000
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusage Unrecognized usage flag(s) 0x10000000
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusage Unrecognized usage flag(s) 0x10000000
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dusage Unrecognized usage flag(s) 0x10000000
(end of the Unrecognized usage flag(s) repeating - the line seems to
appear 7 times each grouping)

Given that these lines appear even with the 'warn' level increased, does
anyone think they're significant? I could start reading some API docs
and figure out what these unrecognized flags are if it sounds promising.

- Christopher Thielen