dpnet: Implement IDirectPlay8Client Initialize (try 3)

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 05:20:04 CST 2014

On 17/02/2014 10:07 PM, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> On 02/17/2014 11:27 AM, Alistair Leslie-Hughes wrote:
>> On 17/02/2014 8:04 PM, Marvin wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> === w8 (32 bit client) ===
>>> Timeout
>> Anybody know if DirectPlay is supported on Windows 8?
> I doubt it is installed by default as it is deprecated but you should be
> able to get it for 32bit Windows. It was never supported on 64bit and it
> misses on all 64bit Windows versions.
The testbot is 32bit, so maybe something else is going wrong.  Can
someone check if the dpnet.dll is installed by default?  I currently
don't have a access to a windows 8 machine.

>> It tests are timeout doing
>> hr = CoCreateInstance(&CLSID_DirectPlay8Client, NULL,
>> CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, &IID_IDirectPlay8Client, (void **)&client);
> Are you doing the interactive tests? Those do time out on Windows for
> whatever reason.

No, the tests aren't interactive, so this shouldn't be the issue. All
other windows version pass, so this windows 8 issue is confusing.

Alistair