Advice fixing #13683 (DirectX mouse overlay?)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 02:16:20 CST 2014

Am 18.02.2014 um 06:12 schrieb Christopher Thielen <christopher at thielen.co>:
> Two questions:
> 1) Is there a way to add timestamps to the TRACE statements in Wine?
WINEDEBUG=+timestamp

This adds timestamps to other traces, so you can do e.g. WINEDEBUG=d3d,timestamp to get a d3d trace with timestamps.

> 2) If I know which file is opened by the game, is there a way to debug from that point on, i.e. capture the fopen() and enable +cursor,+resource,+d3d TRACES for say, only 5 seconds after that point? Something along those lines?
Afaik no. You could use some search and replace tricks in text editors or with command line text tools though.

> I can find the exact offset within the data file used to load the missing resource - but I'd need a way to know when a fread() was that far along. I figure if I can determine that I can determine if the cursor is loaded as a Windows cursor or as a D3D surface and go from there.
Note that there are plenty of ways to open and read files. fopen and fread are just one of them. There are win32 equivalents of those C functions, and there are specific resource loading functions which you’ve probably already seen.