d3d9/tests: Fix some test failures on Windows 2000.

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 26 20:27:45 CST 2014

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Henri Verbeet wrote:

> On 24 February 2014 23:54, Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > ---
> >
> > This fixes some tests on the WineTestBot VM.
> >
> >  dlls/d3d9/tests/device.c | 18 +++++++++---------
> >  1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
> >
> Most of the IDirect3D9_CreateDevice() calls in device.c should be
> calls to create_device() instead. (And then just skip() if it fails to
> create a device.) I think the only exceptions are test_fpu_setup() and
> test_swvp_buffer().

The remaining CreateDevice() calls seem to be using pretty different
parameters.

For instance in test_mipmap_levels() it uses a different backbuffer
format, does not set its size, sets EnableAutoDepthStencil to FALSE and
passes D3DDEVTYPE_NULLREF. Will the test really still make sense if all
that is changed?

Another example is test_depthstenciltest() which sets
EnableAutoDepthStencil to FALSE but still sets AutoDepthStencilFormat.
That's different from create_device() and intentionally so.

(test_reset() does so once too without a comment which looks more
questionable)

The problem is there's about 20 remaining CreateDevice() calls and I
would be hard pressed to tell if they are crucially different from what
create_device() does.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>