Failing dpnet tests

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 28 01:54:26 CST 2014

On 25/02/2014 2:10 AM, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Feb 2014, Alistair Leslie-Hughes wrote:
> [...]
>> Would it be possible to test windows 8 without the firewall enabled?
>>

> I suspect a simple LoadLibrary() will trigger that dialog too so some
> other approach may be needed. Maybe something based on FindExecutable()
> would work.

After some testing, LoadLibrary and LoadLibraryEx trigger DLLmain to be
called.  The dpnet.dll exists in the system32 directory but is a stub
dll which causes that dialog to appear.

Still working on using LoadLibraryEx to load the DLL as a resources only
(Assuming it wont call DLLMain).  From there it would be possible to
check the Filename or Origial name from the Version properties.  Well
that's my plan.

If anybody else has any ideas, happy to listen.

Alistair.