My idea about new wine functions.

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 02:45:19 CST 2014

On 1/14/2014 12:37, Akira Nakagawa wrote:
> I understand 1 is difficult.(Then I want to use winelib from Synaptic!)
> But 2 is very easy,isn't it?
> Most wine function call Trace() at first,so you patch Trace() that
> translates argument.
I'm not sure what are you trying to achieve with that, it will break
almost everything I imagine.
One reason is that strings are not always for display purpose only,
another one is that
you can't expect application to be able to deal with it. Wine is
supposed to run applications
by being a compatible implementation, and that's suggestion is the opposite.