mscms: make missing lcms2 an error, not a fixme

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 12:40:44 CST 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:23 AM, Hans Leidekker <hans at codeweavers.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 21:28 -0800, Austin English wrote:
> > It breaks applications (e.g., the Adobe Flash installer), it should be
> an error.
>
> In that case many other fixme's also qualify as errors ;-) Loading mscms
> without
> liblcms2 support doesn't necessarily mean that the application will break.
> It may
> not actually use it or it may only use functions that don't depend on
> liblcms2.

Fair point, I was unclear. Similar cases (missing native OS libraries) tend
to be errors. I've noticed this for at least gnutls and libxml2 on 64-bit
distros that weren't yet fully multiarch. I had trouble finding the lcms
issue until I scanned more carefully, since it wasn't an ERR ;).

I don't really see the harm in upgrading it (considering it is a
misconfiguration/broken package, not missing functionality waiting for
developer action).

--
-Austin