wined3d: Recognize cards that expose ARB_shader_texture_lod as DX10 capable even if they don't support EXT_gpu_shader4 (try 3)

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:01:40 CDT 2014

On 29 May 2014 10:56, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's also GLX_MESA_query_renderer. It gives us the PCI IDs and
> video memory size directly, without all the string parsing guesswork.
But note that the PCI IDs aren't that useful, because you still need
some information from gpu_description_table[] and
driver_version_table[]. This means you need to match either the PCI ID
to a known list, or match the renderer string against some known list,
like we currently do. With vendors using several PCI IDs for the same
card, matching the renderer string may be the easier approach.
(Although on the other hand matching PCI IDs could perhaps be shared
with Mesa somehow, or perhaps use something like udev hwdb
properties.)