WineHQ Downtime (try 2)

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Fri Jun 20 16:00:34 CDT 2014

Short answer: The focus of this downtime is new hardware.

Longer answer: The the majority of our websites use PHP. SPDY requires
moving away from mod_php to cgi, as mod_php is not compatible with
mod_spdy. This could cause all sorts of problems as we have things
tailored for mod_php, things like .htaccess directives, path info via
mod_rewrite. All of it is solvable, but solving takes time.

If I was going to go through all that effort, I might as well go ahead
and look into replacing Apache altogether with Nginx. I do plan on doing
more research and testing on my development server after this round of
hardware upgrades is complete.

-N