[Patch 1/2] winecfg: Set default button in Libraries tab [fixes bug 12804]

Hugh McMaster hugh.mcmaster at masterindexing.com
Wed Jun 25 06:57:29 CDT 2014

On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 6:01 AM, André Hentschel wrote:
> Am 24.06.2014 10:35, schrieb Hugh McMaster:
> > This patch sets the default button to IDC_DLLS_ADDDLL in the Libraries tab
> > of winecfg when a user is typing in the combo box.
> >
> > This allows the user to hit the Enter key and add the override. Currently,
> > hitting the Enter key closes winecfg, which is causing problems with many
> > users.
> That's just a workaround, if you modify winecfg to run on Windows you'll see
> that the button works there as expected, the problem lies deeper in the
> Wine code...

What's the best way to modify winecfg? I've stripped almost everything from libraries.c and main.c, and I'm compiling these two files with i686-w64-mingw32-gcc . The dialog doesn't appear on Windows though.

Do you mean the Add button works on Windows with the call SendMessageW(GetParent(dialog), DM_SETDEFID, IDC_DLLS_ADDDLL, 0);? Or does it work without the GetParent(dialog) call?

> Of course we maybe want a workaround to satisfy our users...
The bug was reported over six years ago and the problem is apparently confusing/frustrating a lot of people. It's not a perfect solution by any means... but it is up to Alexandre Julliard to decide what to do.