winetestbot day 1: Frustrating lack of personal blame, praise required instead

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 5 08:55:39 CST 2014

Alright,

So I have started my once a day attack on test.winehq.org.

   * But the win8 wtb did not fire, so there are likely 38 more

The first set I examined were the Wine Test Bot Win 2K tests with 12
failures.  This is a relatively new VM, and it has a new set of
failures, not seen on the old test bot.

A number of the test failures: comctl32:listview, comctl32:propsheet,
and a few others, look to be timing related.

So there is not a clear person to blame; in fact, it may be a qemu bug.

However, Nikolay, as the last person to touch the comctl32:listview
test, has volunteered to look into this issue and see if he can get to
the bottom of it.

So I cannot publicly shame anyone, as I had hoped, and instead have to
commend Nikolay for volunteering.

Cheers,

Jeremy