GSoC 2014

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Sat Mar 8 11:38:03 CST 2014

Am 08.03.2014 18:24, schrieb HuddenSin Yuan:
> Hello,
>
> I'm Yuanchen,an undergraduate student from China.I have begun to use C to program sth since two years ago.I'm willing to take part in GSoC 2014.
>
> The Wine Project has many ideas programed by C,I think I can do sth helpful to you and also can apply what I learn to reality.And I want to do sth cool like fixing bugs.
>
> I'm interested in Winetest User Graphic Interface and other similiar ideas which use C.
>
> I'll appreciate it very much if you give me some advice.

Hi Yuanchen,
i think for this project the best first steps are to compile Wine yourself from latest git [1][2]
If you want to have a look at the "Tools - Winetest Graphical User Interface", then run the testsuite and submit the results [3].
This way you get a feeling what it's like to get to the results at the moment [4][5].
I recommend to have a look at other ideas, too.

[1] http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-7ed3c3163e2b932ee2030a48f9c5e553dc41817b
[2] http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine
[3] http://wiki.winehq.org/ConformanceTests
[4] https://test.winehq.org/data/