how to build wine with USB support ?

Alois Schlögl alois.schloegl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 07:27:29 CDT 2014

Hi

I'm trying to use USB devices for Data acquisition on wine. The
recording software is proprietary, but runs on wine. (It IgorPro with
some binary called FPulse, and MultiClamp Commander 700B). The problem
occurs only when trying to connect to the recording device through USB.

I've already found the page [1] and trying to build wine with the
recommended patch. Unfortunately, the current patches [2] do not apply
cleanly to the most recent version of wine-git. Therefore, I'm asking
what the recommended approach is ?

Is there a more recent set up patches ? The once from [2] have been
updated last in Jun 2012 ?
Or would you recommend using the sources of wine from that date ?

Kind regards,
    Alois

[1] http://wiki.winehq.org/USB
[2] ftp://ftp.etersoft.ru/pub/people/amorozov/usb/current/